10 children's movies with rumored political agendas
As early as the release of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" in 1937, critics have sought to identify political messages in children's movies.
"Snow White," for example, was accused of having either feminist or anti-feminist messaging, depending on your flavor of political message-finding.
Lately it seems that Hollywood has taken a decidedly more open ideological turn when it comes to children's movies, with even a couple of writers and directors admitting they've inserted political messaging into films directed at children.
Here is a list of 10 children's movies that are rumored to have political motives.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 48
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 28
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27