Celebrities and their kids: Family is still important in Hollywood
The glamour and culture of the rich and famous can leave the general public feeling ostracized, especially in the time during and after awards season, as celebrity customs are often far removed from fans' everyday lives.
But when it comes to families, some celebrities demonstrate the same love and devotion that onlookers find in their own homes.
In his 2014 Oscars acceptance speech, Matthew McConaughey, who took home the award for Best Actor in a Leading Role, paid tribute to his wife and children.
"To my wife, Camila, and my kids Levi, Vida and Mr. Stone, the courage and significance you give me every day I go out the door is unparalleled," he said. "You are the four people in my life that I want to make the most proud of me. Thank you."
McCounaughey's words reminded viewers that even in and among the crazy stories and rumors of Hollywood, for many celebrities, family is still important.
Here are 20 quotes from celebrities about their love for their families.
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash