5 reasons BYU can admire the University of Utah
»5 of 5 «
Michael Brandy, Deseret News archives
Utah has the only medical school in the state. Not only is it the only one offered in Utah, and one of the graduate programs populated by many BYU alums — 14 percent, to be exact — but it was also ranked No. 1 in healthcare by the University Healthsystem Consortium. "The Consortium's quality ranking is one of the most rigorous and thorough rankings in the country," said Lorris Betz, U. Health Care CEO and senior vice president for the University's Health Sciences, in a press release. Utah also boasts the No. 5 family medicine program, No. 8 nursing school and No. 5 pharmacy program. Also, Utah professor Dr. Mario R. Capecchi won a Nobel Prize in 2007 for his work on a gene targeting technique to help discover diseases in animals and humans.
»5 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 85
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 46
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 33
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24