19 children's books we read the most in 2013
"Nelson Mandela" by Kadir Nelson »18 of 19 «
Barnes and Noble
With the death of Mandela this year, I wanted to find a book that told his life story with strong illustrations and some of his own words. This book does just that. It tells of his growing-up years, law school, marriage, and imprisonment, finishing with his eventual win as president of South Africa. It is just right for kids. Simple and engaging. With an author’s note at the end that further explains his fight against apartheid and his receiving of the Nobel Peace Prize.
»18 of 19 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president