3A girls basketball tournament: A team-by-team look
All eyes will be on Desert Hills in this year's 3A state tournament. A runner-up two years in a row — including last year when it was a big favorite — Desert Hills is the overwhelming favorite to capture the 3A state championship this year at Southern Utah.
A couple of other 3A programs such as Morgan, North Sanpete and Juan Diego hope to make things difficult for Desert Hills, but even their best game might not be enough against the loaded Thunder.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (21-1)
2. Morgan (20-1)
3. North Sanpete (17-3)
4. Juan Diego (17-4)
5. Bear River (15-7)
6. Stansbury (14-8)
7. Hurricane (13-8)
8. Snow Canyon (11-9)
9. Cedar (12-10)
10. Juab (10-10)
12. Union (7-13)
13. Richfield (6-14)
14. Tooele (6-15)
15. Park City (5-13)
16. Grantsville (5-16)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect:
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- College football predictions: How will... 91
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 60
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 40
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Brad Rock: Five reasons Utes think... 35
- UCLA defensive end Kylie Fitts... 31
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 31