3A girls basketball tournament: A team-by-team look
All eyes will be on Desert Hills in this year's 3A state tournament. A runner-up two years in a row — including last year when it was a big favorite — Desert Hills is the overwhelming favorite to capture the 3A state championship this year at Southern Utah.
A couple of other 3A programs such as Morgan, North Sanpete and Juan Diego hope to make things difficult for Desert Hills, but even their best game might not be enough against the loaded Thunder.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (21-1)
2. Morgan (20-1)
3. North Sanpete (17-3)
4. Juan Diego (17-4)
5. Bear River (15-7)
6. Stansbury (14-8)
7. Hurricane (13-8)
8. Snow Canyon (11-9)
9. Cedar (12-10)
10. Juab (10-10)
12. Union (7-13)
13. Richfield (6-14)
14. Tooele (6-15)
15. Park City (5-13)
16. Grantsville (5-16)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect:
- Father, son charged with murder in killing of...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on the...
- Family searches for answers after daughter,...
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous...
- Did Trump really just become a born-again...
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion...
- About Utah: Miracle Bowl BYU receiver Ryan...
- Child rescue from hot car is second Utah case...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 163
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 68
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 55
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 32
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19