3A girls basketball tournament: A team-by-team look
All eyes will be on Desert Hills in this year's 3A state tournament. A runner-up two years in a row — including last year when it was a big favorite — Desert Hills is the overwhelming favorite to capture the 3A state championship this year at Southern Utah.
A couple of other 3A programs such as Morgan, North Sanpete and Juan Diego hope to make things difficult for Desert Hills, but even their best game might not be enough against the loaded Thunder.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (21-1)
2. Morgan (20-1)
3. North Sanpete (17-3)
4. Juan Diego (17-4)
5. Bear River (15-7)
6. Stansbury (14-8)
7. Hurricane (13-8)
8. Snow Canyon (11-9)
9. Cedar (12-10)
10. Juab (10-10)
12. Union (7-13)
13. Richfield (6-14)
14. Tooele (6-15)
15. Park City (5-13)
16. Grantsville (5-16)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect:
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21