3A girls basketball tournament: A team-by-team look
All eyes will be on Desert Hills in this year's 3A state tournament. A runner-up two years in a row — including last year when it was a big favorite — Desert Hills is the overwhelming favorite to capture the 3A state championship this year at Southern Utah.
A couple of other 3A programs such as Morgan, North Sanpete and Juan Diego hope to make things difficult for Desert Hills, but even their best game might not be enough against the loaded Thunder.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (21-1)
2. Morgan (20-1)
3. North Sanpete (17-3)
4. Juan Diego (17-4)
5. Bear River (15-7)
6. Stansbury (14-8)
7. Hurricane (13-8)
8. Snow Canyon (11-9)
9. Cedar (12-10)
10. Juab (10-10)
12. Union (7-13)
13. Richfield (6-14)
14. Tooele (6-15)
15. Park City (5-13)
16. Grantsville (5-16)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect:
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- LDS First Presidency announces changes to...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 22
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 20
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 17
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 12