3A girls basketball tournament: A team-by-team look
All eyes will be on Desert Hills in this year's 3A state tournament. A runner-up two years in a row — including last year when it was a big favorite — Desert Hills is the overwhelming favorite to capture the 3A state championship this year at Southern Utah.
A couple of other 3A programs such as Morgan, North Sanpete and Juan Diego hope to make things difficult for Desert Hills, but even their best game might not be enough against the loaded Thunder.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (21-1)
2. Morgan (20-1)
3. North Sanpete (17-3)
4. Juan Diego (17-4)
5. Bear River (15-7)
6. Stansbury (14-8)
7. Hurricane (13-8)
8. Snow Canyon (11-9)
9. Cedar (12-10)
10. Juab (10-10)
12. Union (7-13)
13. Richfield (6-14)
14. Tooele (6-15)
15. Park City (5-13)
16. Grantsville (5-16)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect:
- Normons: A site to prove just how normal...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees