3A girls basketball tournament: A team-by-team look
All eyes will be on Desert Hills in this year's 3A state tournament. A runner-up two years in a row — including last year when it was a big favorite — Desert Hills is the overwhelming favorite to capture the 3A state championship this year at Southern Utah.
A couple of other 3A programs such as Morgan, North Sanpete and Juan Diego hope to make things difficult for Desert Hills, but even their best game might not be enough against the loaded Thunder.
In order of winning percentage, these are the 16 teams that qualified for the 3A girls state basketball tournament this year:
1. Desert Hills (21-1)
2. Morgan (20-1)
3. North Sanpete (17-3)
4. Juan Diego (17-4)
5. Bear River (15-7)
6. Stansbury (14-8)
7. Hurricane (13-8)
8. Snow Canyon (11-9)
9. Cedar (12-10)
10. Juab (10-10)
12. Union (7-13)
13. Richfield (6-14)
14. Tooele (6-15)
15. Park City (5-13)
16. Grantsville (5-16)
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect:
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons learned from movies
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41