High school boys basketball: 3A boys basketball state tournament capsules
The 3A state tournament is back in Region 9 country this year as Southern Utah will host the final three rounds of the tournament after the first round is played at home sites. However, unlike past years when the 3A tourney was held at Dixie State and Region 9 teams dominated, a repeat of that trend seems unlikely.
No. 1 Morgan rolls into the tourney with the highest-scoring offense in 3A, while fellow northern schools Payson, Grantsville and Juan Diego are also capable of getting hot and making deep tourney runs.
All four Region 9 teams who qualified for the tourney — Snow Canyon, Pine View, Cedar and Desert Hills — have the potential to string a few wins together as well, and if they do they'll definitely have home-court advantage at SUU.
Here’s a team-by-team look at all 16 teams in the state tournament, and what to expect:
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22