Local NFL watch: 16 players with Utah ties to participate in 2014 NFL Scouting Combine
Uani Unga »2 of 16 «
BYU inside linebacker
6-foot-1, 238 pounds
Combine workout day: Feb. 24, bench press: Feb. 23 (Note: Unga's ability to perform physical activities other than bench press will be severly limited because he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus in the Cougars' bowl game)
2013 stats: 143 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, three pass breakups, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, one quarterback hurry
What others are saying: "An over-aged, competitive, physical linebacker of Tongan descent, Unga went from walk-on to captain at BYU, where he was a tackling machine in his lone season as a starter. Skill set and college responsibilities translate well to the pro game, and he’s capable of serving as a core special-teams player and solid backup for a 3-4 team." — NFL.com
»2 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Two powerful forces make American families...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 109
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 50
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 48
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 26
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24