Local NFL watch: 16 players with Utah ties to participate in 2014 NFL Scouting Combine
Uani Unga »2 of 16 «
BYU inside linebacker
6-foot-1, 238 pounds
Combine workout day: Feb. 24, bench press: Feb. 23 (Note: Unga's ability to perform physical activities other than bench press will be severly limited because he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus in the Cougars' bowl game)
2013 stats: 143 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, three pass breakups, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, one quarterback hurry
What others are saying: "An over-aged, competitive, physical linebacker of Tongan descent, Unga went from walk-on to captain at BYU, where he was a tackling machine in his lone season as a starter. Skill set and college responsibilities translate well to the pro game, and he’s capable of serving as a core special-teams player and solid backup for a 3-4 team." — NFL.com
»2 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in hot car...
- College football predictions: How will... 112
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 62
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Brad Rock: Five reasons Utes think... 35
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 35
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us... 33