Local NFL watch: 16 players with Utah ties to participate in 2014 NFL Scouting Combine
Uani Unga »2 of 16 «
BYU inside linebacker
6-foot-1, 238 pounds
Combine workout day: Feb. 24, bench press: Feb. 23 (Note: Unga's ability to perform physical activities other than bench press will be severly limited because he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus in the Cougars' bowl game)
2013 stats: 143 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, three pass breakups, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, one quarterback hurry
What others are saying: "An over-aged, competitive, physical linebacker of Tongan descent, Unga went from walk-on to captain at BYU, where he was a tackling machine in his lone season as a starter. Skill set and college responsibilities translate well to the pro game, and he’s capable of serving as a core special-teams player and solid backup for a 3-4 team." — NFL.com
»2 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Super Bowl quarterback Tom Brady relies on...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 61
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 58
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35