Local NFL watch: 16 players with Utah ties to participate in 2014 NFL Scouting Combine
Uani Unga »2 of 16 «
BYU inside linebacker
6-foot-1, 238 pounds
Combine workout day: Feb. 24, bench press: Feb. 23 (Note: Unga's ability to perform physical activities other than bench press will be severly limited because he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus in the Cougars' bowl game)
2013 stats: 143 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, three pass breakups, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, one quarterback hurry
What others are saying: "An over-aged, competitive, physical linebacker of Tongan descent, Unga went from walk-on to captain at BYU, where he was a tackling machine in his lone season as a starter. Skill set and college responsibilities translate well to the pro game, and he’s capable of serving as a core special-teams player and solid backup for a 3-4 team." — NFL.com
»2 of 16 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees; presents...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Deseret News marathon winner surprises self,...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 93
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 30
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 21