Top 5 signees ready to make immediate contributions for BYU and Utah
5. Travonne Hobbs, CB, 5-foot-9, 175 pounds »12 of 12 «
Hobbs was a little bit of a late bloomer, but the New Orleans native had a tremendous senior season, and his aggressive style is a perfect fit for Utah’s defensive scheme. The biggest knock on Hobbs may be his height, but Utah has a history of finding success with shorter cornerbacks.
It may be difficult to earn a starting spot, but Hobbs will come into fall camp with an opportunity to work his way up the depth chart and into the rotation.
»12 of 12 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28