The 10 most conservative states
Gallup’s latest State of the States poll, published on Jan. 31, 2014, ranked each state in America from most conservative to most liberal.
While the gap between “conservative and liberal self-identification” is narrowing, the conservative advantage is still appears predominant.
According to the poll's data, most of the conservative states are found in the South and West, while the more liberal-identified states are located on the coasts.
According to Gallup, the results of the poll are based on phone interviews of 178,527 adults conducted Jan. 2-Dec. 29, 2013.
Included within our list are Gallup's conservative/liberal rankings and the percentage of the state's population who either approve or disapprove of President Barack Obama's job performance.
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 48
- Capitalism and the common good:... 40
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 38
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36