The 10 most liberal states
Gallup’s latest State of the States poll, published on Jan. 31, 2014, ranked each state in America from most conservative to most liberal.
While the gap between “conservative and liberal self-identification” is narrowing, the conservative advantage is still appears predominant.
According to the poll's data, most of the conservative states are found in the South and West, while the more liberal-identified states are located on the coasts.
According to Gallup, the results of the poll are based on phone interviews of 178,527 adults conducted Jan. 2-Dec. 29, 2013.
Included within our list are Gallup's conservative/liberal rankings and the percentage of the state's population who either approve or disapprove of President Barack Obama's job performance.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- New mission presidents
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Is Tyrone Corbin gone? Utah Jazz, coach's...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 29
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28