The 10 most liberal states
Gallup’s latest State of the States poll, published on Jan. 31, 2014, ranked each state in America from most conservative to most liberal.
While the gap between “conservative and liberal self-identification” is narrowing, the conservative advantage is still appears predominant.
According to the poll's data, most of the conservative states are found in the South and West, while the more liberal-identified states are located on the coasts.
According to Gallup, the results of the poll are based on phone interviews of 178,527 adults conducted Jan. 2-Dec. 29, 2013.
Included within our list are Gallup's conservative/liberal rankings and the percentage of the state's population who either approve or disapprove of President Barack Obama's job performance.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32