The 10 most liberal states
Gallup’s latest State of the States poll, published on Jan. 31, 2014, ranked each state in America from most conservative to most liberal.
While the gap between “conservative and liberal self-identification” is narrowing, the conservative advantage is still appears predominant.
According to the poll's data, most of the conservative states are found in the South and West, while the more liberal-identified states are located on the coasts.
According to Gallup, the results of the poll are based on phone interviews of 178,527 adults conducted Jan. 2-Dec. 29, 2013.
Included within our list are Gallup's conservative/liberal rankings and the percentage of the state's population who either approve or disapprove of President Barack Obama's job performance.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- New temple presidents