The 10 most liberal states
Gallup’s latest State of the States poll, published on Jan. 31, 2014, ranked each state in America from most conservative to most liberal.
While the gap between “conservative and liberal self-identification” is narrowing, the conservative advantage is still appears predominant.
According to the poll's data, most of the conservative states are found in the South and West, while the more liberal-identified states are located on the coasts.
According to Gallup, the results of the poll are based on phone interviews of 178,527 adults conducted Jan. 2-Dec. 29, 2013.
Included within our list are Gallup's conservative/liberal rankings and the percentage of the state's population who either approve or disapprove of President Barack Obama's job performance.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Duct tape prom attire earns Utah teens $5,000...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23