Commentary: Top 25 all-time NFL defensive players to come out of BYU (+photos)
Since Bronco Mendenhall arrived at BYU, it has been transformed from a school that was known primarily for its offense into a place where defense has been a huge part of the Cougars' success as a program. Even though the defense has carried the torch for BYU as of late, it has produced NFL talent on that side of the ball for a long time. This is the list of the best of those defensive players based solely on what they have done in the NFL.
Note: Obviously a list like this is completely subjective, but I try to leave out all bias when I do these rankings.
The things I factored in while doing these rankings include All-Pro selections, Pro Bowls, years as a starter, years in the league and impact on a team. Also, stats weighed heavily in my decision-making.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 132
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 59
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33