Defining moments in the history of the State of the Union Address
Sen. Marco Rubio gave the official GOP response to President Obama’s State of the Union address in 2013, which many saw as his first major break on the national stage. During the speech, however, it became obvious that his mouth was becoming dry and he hastily drank from a bottle of water.
The Internet responded with gifs, memes and viral videos, all mocking the senator’s “water bottle-gate.”
Though he has tried to move forward as a potential contender for the 2016 nomination, Rubio has only seen more struggles, such as a failed push for immigration reform.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who... 24
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19