Defining moments in the history of the State of the Union Address
Sen. Marco Rubio gave the official GOP response to President Obama’s State of the Union address in 2013, which many saw as his first major break on the national stage. During the speech, however, it became obvious that his mouth was becoming dry and he hastily drank from a bottle of water.
The Internet responded with gifs, memes and viral videos, all mocking the senator’s “water bottle-gate.”
Though he has tried to move forward as a potential contender for the 2016 nomination, Rubio has only seen more struggles, such as a failed push for immigration reform.
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 26
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- My view: Drafting women a threat to... 17