Defining moments in the history of the State of the Union Address
Sen. Marco Rubio gave the official GOP response to President Obama’s State of the Union address in 2013, which many saw as his first major break on the national stage. During the speech, however, it became obvious that his mouth was becoming dry and he hastily drank from a bottle of water.
The Internet responded with gifs, memes and viral videos, all mocking the senator’s “water bottle-gate.”
Though he has tried to move forward as a potential contender for the 2016 nomination, Rubio has only seen more struggles, such as a failed push for immigration reform.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Strike up the band for better health
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- My view: It is trendy to be extreme in... 47
- Drew Clark: Uniting the Republican... 46
- In our opinion: Why Religious Freedom... 37
- Letter: Obama had no choice 35
- Letter: Breaking rivalry contract 29
- Mia Love: One subject at a time 28
- In our opinion: Time for Evans to drop... 20
- Where's my money going? 20