100-photo Super gallery: Mormons, locals playing in previous Super Bowls
Editor's note: This is not an all-inclusive list of every local or Mormon to compete in the Super Bowl. It is, however, photos of as many players and coaches we had access to.
From Steve Young and Jim McMahon to Marv Fleming and Lionel Aldridge, there have been plenty of college football stars who suited up in Utah and went on to play in the Super Bowl later in their careers.
Likewise, there have been numerous Mormons who've followed the same path. These men have experienced the thrill, and sometimes agony, that comes with playing in the NFL's annual championship game.
Here's a visual look at some of those players, and a few coaches, competing that day on the sport's biggest stage.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- New temple presidents