100-photo Super gallery: Mormons, locals playing in previous Super Bowls
Editor's note: This is not an all-inclusive list of every local or Mormon to compete in the Super Bowl. It is, however, photos of as many players and coaches we had access to.
From Steve Young and Jim McMahon to Marv Fleming and Lionel Aldridge, there have been plenty of college football stars who suited up in Utah and went on to play in the Super Bowl later in their careers.
Likewise, there have been numerous Mormons who've followed the same path. These men have experienced the thrill, and sometimes agony, that comes with playing in the NFL's annual championship game.
Here's a visual look at some of those players, and a few coaches, competing that day on the sport's biggest stage.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president