100-photo Super gallery: Mormons, locals playing in previous Super Bowls
Editor's note: This is not an all-inclusive list of every local or Mormon to compete in the Super Bowl. It is, however, photos of as many players and coaches we had access to.
From Steve Young and Jim McMahon to Marv Fleming and Lionel Aldridge, there have been plenty of college football stars who suited up in Utah and went on to play in the Super Bowl later in their careers.
Likewise, there have been numerous Mormons who've followed the same path. These men have experienced the thrill, and sometimes agony, that comes with playing in the NFL's annual championship game.
Here's a visual look at some of those players, and a few coaches, competing that day on the sport's biggest stage.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- New mission presidents
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 87
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 60
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 52
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 50
- Morning links: Home stretch of... 31
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 27