100-photo Super gallery: Mormons, locals playing in previous Super Bowls
Editor's note: This is not an all-inclusive list of every local or Mormon to compete in the Super Bowl. It is, however, photos of as many players and coaches we had access to.
From Steve Young and Jim McMahon to Marv Fleming and Lionel Aldridge, there have been plenty of college football stars who suited up in Utah and went on to play in the Super Bowl later in their careers.
Likewise, there have been numerous Mormons who've followed the same path. These men have experienced the thrill, and sometimes agony, that comes with playing in the NFL's annual championship game.
Here's a visual look at some of those players, and a few coaches, competing that day on the sport's biggest stage.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 112
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29