From Ainge to Fredette: 10 other wild BYU basketball games, besides Portland
Jan. 25, 2006: BYU 89, TCU 80 (OT) »2 of 10 «
The Cougars needed a miracle when they trailed TCU by eight points with one minute remaining in regulation. BYU got several, outscoring the Horned Frogs 11-3 in that minute, including 3-pointers from Brock Reichner and Rashaun Broadus sandwiched around a layup by Broadus. After TCU's Chudi Chinweze hit 1 of 2 free throws to put the Horned Frogs ahead 72-69, Lee Cummard hit his second trey of the night, with 10 seconds remaining in regulation, to force overtime. In the extra session, the Cougars pulled away, winning by nine in what became known as the "Marriott Center Miracle."
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund sustained...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Behold Thy Mother'
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:...
- Saturday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- BYU report card: Defense holds its own...
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- Dick Harmon: After week of soul... 40
- Utah's win over Oregon proof of what... 24
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck says... 23
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 22
- New Utah basketball facility has high... 21
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 18