From Ainge to Fredette: 10 other wild BYU basketball games, besides Portland
Jan. 25, 2006: BYU 89, TCU 80 (OT) »2 of 10 «
The Cougars needed a miracle when they trailed TCU by eight points with one minute remaining in regulation. BYU got several, outscoring the Horned Frogs 11-3 in that minute, including 3-pointers from Brock Reichner and Rashaun Broadus sandwiched around a layup by Broadus. After TCU's Chudi Chinweze hit 1 of 2 free throws to put the Horned Frogs ahead 72-69, Lee Cummard hit his second trey of the night, with 10 seconds remaining in regulation, to force overtime. In the extra session, the Cougars pulled away, winning by nine in what became known as the "Marriott Center Miracle."
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28