From Ainge to Fredette: 10 other wild BYU basketball games, besides Portland
NCAA Tournament, March 19, 1981: BYU 51, Notre Dame 50 »10 of 10 «
This is still the most iconic wild finish in BYU basketball history. After the Cougars had trailed by as many as 14 points in the second half against Notre Dame in this Sweet 16 matchup, BYU had a shot to win with eight seconds remaining and the Cougars down one. Senior Danny Ainge took the inbounds pass, then drove the length of the court while weaving through defenders. His layup with two seconds remaining lofted over the outstretched hands of Notre Dame's Orlando Woolridge and send the Cougars to the Elite 8.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Kyle Collinsworth already...
- Parties have now finalized arguments in...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- BYU football: Cougars generally happy with...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 113
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 72
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 58
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30