From Ainge to Fredette: 10 other wild BYU basketball games, besides Portland
NCAA Tournament, March 19, 1981: BYU 51, Notre Dame 50 »10 of 10 «
This is still the most iconic wild finish in BYU basketball history. After the Cougars had trailed by as many as 14 points in the second half against Notre Dame in this Sweet 16 matchup, BYU had a shot to win with eight seconds remaining and the Cougars down one. Senior Danny Ainge took the inbounds pass, then drove the length of the court while weaving through defenders. His layup with two seconds remaining lofted over the outstretched hands of Notre Dame's Orlando Woolridge and send the Cougars to the Elite 8.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37