Commentary: What BYU, Utah, Utah State, WSU, UVU and SUU need to do to make the NCAA Tournament
As March Madness approaches, Utah's six Div. I teams dream of dancing in this year's NCAA Tournament. None of these teams are locks for the Big Dance, and most of them simply won't have the résumé to pick up an at-large bid even if they run the table the rest of the regular season. However, all six teams can play Cinderella if they win their respective conference tournaments.
However, BYU and Utah can still improve their chances of picking up an at-large bid, but they need to move quickly. March is just around the corner.
So, what do Utah's local teams need to do to make the NCAA Tournament this year?
Lafe Peavler is a sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- New mission presidents
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 87
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 60
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 53
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 50
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 33
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26