Historic photos show civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr. at work, at play
1956 »2 of 70 «
The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., right, accompanied by Rev. Ralph D. Abernathy, center, is booked by city police Lt. D.H. Lackey in Montgomery, Ala., on Feb. 23, 1956. The civil rights leaders are arrested on indictments turned by the Grand Jury in the bus boycott.
»2 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 62
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 52
- Texas Sen. Ted Cruz targets... 44
- Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't... 30
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot... 27
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped... 26
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Preparing for 2016 campaign, Hillary... 17