Historic photos show civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr. at work, at play
1956 »2 of 70 «
The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., right, accompanied by Rev. Ralph D. Abernathy, center, is booked by city police Lt. D.H. Lackey in Montgomery, Ala., on Feb. 23, 1956. The civil rights leaders are arrested on indictments turned by the Grand Jury in the bus boycott.
»2 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- New mission presidents
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run... 79
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 59
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- The LDS Church's call for balance... 34
- Attorney General nominee picks up... 14
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of... 11
- Keystone XL pipeline wins Senate vote... 10