Historic photos show civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr. at work, at play
1956 »2 of 70 «
The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., right, accompanied by Rev. Ralph D. Abernathy, center, is booked by city police Lt. D.H. Lackey in Montgomery, Ala., on Feb. 23, 1956. The civil rights leaders are arrested on indictments turned by the Grand Jury in the bus boycott.
»2 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 20
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US... 13