Historic photos show civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr. at work, at play
1956 »2 of 70 «
The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., right, accompanied by Rev. Ralph D. Abernathy, center, is booked by city police Lt. D.H. Lackey in Montgomery, Ala., on Feb. 23, 1956. The civil rights leaders are arrested on indictments turned by the Grand Jury in the bus boycott.
»2 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- LDS First Presidency announces changes to...
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target... 88
- Former Speaker Boehner calls Cruz... 56
- Cruz taps Fiorina to serve as running mate 40
- Violence follows California Trump... 34
- New poll finds Americans less likely to... 31
- ... 30
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Illinois bills would limit mentally ill... 21