Historic photos show civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr. at work, at play
1956 »2 of 70 «
The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., right, accompanied by Rev. Ralph D. Abernathy, center, is booked by city police Lt. D.H. Lackey in Montgomery, Ala., on Feb. 23, 1956. The civil rights leaders are arrested on indictments turned by the Grand Jury in the bus boycott.
»2 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 8
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 7
- Obama says North Korea hacked Sony,... 6
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6