Historic photos show civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr. at work, at play
1956 »2 of 70 «
The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., right, accompanied by Rev. Ralph D. Abernathy, center, is booked by city police Lt. D.H. Lackey in Montgomery, Ala., on Feb. 23, 1956. The civil rights leaders are arrested on indictments turned by the Grand Jury in the bus boycott.
»2 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 43
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 37
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Watch live at the Democratic National... 25
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 25