Historic photos show civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr. at work, at play
1948 »1 of 70 «
In this 1948 file photo, Martin Luther King, Jr., third from left, listens to a speaker during an assembly at Morehouse College in Atlanta. As a teenager in 1944, King worked on a tobacco farm in Connecticut. That experience influenced his decision to become a minister.
»1 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Boy Scout board approves end to blanket... 71
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Oklahoma Supreme Court: Ten... 27
- Obama: Republican criticism of Iran... 26
- Covered California: Cost of health care... 18
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs... 17