Historic photos show civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr. at work, at play
1948 »1 of 70 «
In this 1948 file photo, Martin Luther King, Jr., third from left, listens to a speaker during an assembly at Morehouse College in Atlanta. As a teenager in 1944, King worked on a tobacco farm in Connecticut. That experience influenced his decision to become a minister.
»1 of 70 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- Li-Fraumeni syndrome forces the Thompson...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- AirAsia plane carrying 162 lost in stormy...
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with Tooele...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of... 14
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- N. Korea compares Obama to monkey in... 10
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 7
- Largest quarterly GDP growth since 2003... 7
- Jeb Bush to step down from Tenet... 5