Mormon YouTube videos with more than 1 million views
In recent years, the messages of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have been making their way into homes worldwide through more than just church magazines and missionaries.
The LDS Church has created accounts on a wide array of social media sites, including YouTube. Across the more than one dozen YouTube channels the church owns, including versions of the Mormon Channel in Cantonese and Russian, 14 of the videos have surpassed one million views.
The "I'm a Mormon" videos were created in conjunction with the "I'm a Mormon" campaign, which the church launched in 2011. Billboards and posters featuring Mormon faces made their official debut in New York City and were shared in the U.K. in 2013. The Mormon Messages project began in 2008 with a video featuring an Easter message from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, according to LDS.org. Today there are 110 of these videos available on the Mormon Channel.
Here is a look at the 14 most viewed official LDS YouTube videos to date, several of which are in Spanish.
This data is based upon the English Mormon.org and Mormon Channel YouTube channels. While it contains videos in languages other than English, it does not include data from country-specific channels.
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
- Two Utah schools under federal investigation...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 43
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 33
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 22
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 20
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 9
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 9
- Who boos an opening prayer? The... 8