Mormon YouTube videos with more than 1 million views
In recent years, the messages of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have been making their way into homes worldwide through more than just church magazines and missionaries.
The LDS Church has created accounts on a wide array of social media sites, including YouTube. Across the more than one dozen YouTube channels the church owns, including versions of the Mormon Channel in Cantonese and Russian, 14 of the videos have surpassed one million views.
The "I'm a Mormon" videos were created in conjunction with the "I'm a Mormon" campaign, which the church launched in 2011. Billboards and posters featuring Mormon faces made their official debut in New York City and were shared in the U.K. in 2013. The Mormon Messages project began in 2008 with a video featuring an Easter message from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, according to LDS.org. Today there are 110 of these videos available on the Mormon Channel.
Here is a look at the 14 most viewed official LDS YouTube videos to date, several of which are in Spanish.
This data is based upon the English Mormon.org and Mormon Channel YouTube channels. While it contains videos in languages other than English, it does not include data from country-specific channels.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 71
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 59
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 41
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 26
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11