Feeling the post-holiday blues? Here are 18 weird, tasty reasons to celebrate in January
Jan. 30 - National Croissant Day »17 of 18 «
According to CNN's eatocracy website, croissants have their roots back in the early 1800s when a Viennese man opened a bakery in Paris and made half-moon shaped pastries called kipferl. Other origin stories tie croissants back to the 1600s and battles between the Turkish and Ottoman empires. Either way, January 30 is your day to celebrate with these flaky, buttery, light pastries.
»17 of 18 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- One thing that changed my view of marriage...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- Rock On: Next Utah college coach to leave is ...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 59
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP... 32
- House Benghazi panel calls Clinton to... 29
- Yellowstone supervolcano is super big,... 24
- American, Italian hostages killed in US... 22
- Clinton Foundation admits missteps in... 16
- Clinton Foundation acknowledges... 14
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 13