Feeling the post-holiday blues? Here are 18 weird, tasty reasons to celebrate in January
Jan. 30 - National Croissant Day »17 of 18 «
According to CNN's eatocracy website, croissants have their roots back in the early 1800s when a Viennese man opened a bakery in Paris and made half-moon shaped pastries called kipferl. Other origin stories tie croissants back to the 1600s and battles between the Turkish and Ottoman empires. Either way, January 30 is your day to celebrate with these flaky, buttery, light pastries.
»17 of 18 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall,...
- For the first time in American history,... 24
- Obama faces tough options in Iraq and... 23
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 15
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common... 14
- Obama back at White House after summer... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13