Heroes: People, organizations that made real contributions for good in 2013
The year that is rapidly passing was filled with the noise and commotion that defines modern life, with various interest groups struggling to be heard and often distorting things of real value. It is instructive, then, to take the time to ponder on the people and organizations that made real contributions for good in the world in 2013.
The Deseret News emphasizes six areas of editorial priority in its coverage and editorials. Consequently, we have identified six heroes of 2013 who, in no particular order, best embodied those ideals.
Each area of emphasis is defined briefly in the slide before each corresponding hero.
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18