Heroes: People, organizations that made real contributions for good in 2013
The year that is rapidly passing was filled with the noise and commotion that defines modern life, with various interest groups struggling to be heard and often distorting things of real value. It is instructive, then, to take the time to ponder on the people and organizations that made real contributions for good in the world in 2013.
The Deseret News emphasizes six areas of editorial priority in its coverage and editorials. Consequently, we have identified six heroes of 2013 who, in no particular order, best embodied those ideals.
Each area of emphasis is defined briefly in the slide before each corresponding hero.
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor Harding...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 44
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 43
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 32
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 22