USU football report card: Aggies upset No. 24 Northern Illinois 21-14
The Utah State football team made history Thursday night as the Aggies won their second consecutive bowl game 21-14 over No. 24 Northern Illinois in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. It was the first time in program history that the Aggies won two consecutive bowl games.
It took awhile for the offense and rushing attack to get going, but once it started, it couldn't be stopped. Utah State running back Joey DeMartino finished the game with 143 yards rushing and a touchdown. As a team, the Aggies finished with 168 yards on the ground.
In a hard-fought game between both sides, most of the big plays came mostly from the defense side of the field. The Aggies defense dominated, wrecking havoc on the Huskies as quarterback and Heisman trophy finalist Jordan Lynch was never able to settle into a rhythm.
Here are the grades for the Aggies after their upset victory over the Huskies.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism and sports communication. Twitter: @Justingiles22 Email: email@example.com
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- New mission presidents
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- Brad Rock: Utah-BYU rivalry will... 165
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 81
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 44
- BYU hires Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis as... 38
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal... 35
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed... 33
- BYU's 2015 bowl destination could be... 32