USU football report card: Aggies upset No. 24 Northern Illinois 21-14
The Utah State football team made history Thursday night as the Aggies won their second consecutive bowl game 21-14 over No. 24 Northern Illinois in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. It was the first time in program history that the Aggies won two consecutive bowl games.
It took awhile for the offense and rushing attack to get going, but once it started, it couldn't be stopped. Utah State running back Joey DeMartino finished the game with 143 yards rushing and a touchdown. As a team, the Aggies finished with 168 yards on the ground.
In a hard-fought game between both sides, most of the big plays came mostly from the defense side of the field. The Aggies defense dominated, wrecking havoc on the Huskies as quarterback and Heisman trophy finalist Jordan Lynch was never able to settle into a rhythm.
Here are the grades for the Aggies after their upset victory over the Huskies.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism and sports communication. Twitter: @Justingiles22 Email: email@example.com
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Ranking the best season by a running back in...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Utes fill three future football schedules...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 110
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 87
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Utes fill three future football... 65
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU... 58
- Can BYU put together a special season? 56
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 54
- College football: BYU receives votes in... 35