USU football report card: Aggies upset No. 24 Northern Illinois 21-14
The Utah State football team made history Thursday night as the Aggies won their second consecutive bowl game 21-14 over No. 24 Northern Illinois in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. It was the first time in program history that the Aggies won two consecutive bowl games.
It took awhile for the offense and rushing attack to get going, but once it started, it couldn't be stopped. Utah State running back Joey DeMartino finished the game with 143 yards rushing and a touchdown. As a team, the Aggies finished with 168 yards on the ground.
In a hard-fought game between both sides, most of the big plays came mostly from the defense side of the field. The Aggies defense dominated, wrecking havoc on the Huskies as quarterback and Heisman trophy finalist Jordan Lynch was never able to settle into a rhythm.
Here are the grades for the Aggies after their upset victory over the Huskies.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism and sports communication. Twitter: @Justingiles22 Email: email@example.com
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out of...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 36