Breaking down Washington, BYU's Fight Hunger Bowl opponent
As 2013 comes to a close, BYU has one last opponent before seniors such as Kyle Van Noy and Cody Hoffman say farewell to the program. And once again, BYU has to face a big-name team from a big-time conference: Washington of the Pac-12.
While Washington will be under an interim head coach, the Huskies are a dangerous opponent on offense, defense and special teams. Here's everything you need to know about Washington as the Cougars gear up for the Fight Hunger Bowl.
Lafe Peavler is a sportswriter intern at the Deseret News.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Ranking the best season by a running back in...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 110
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 87
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Utes fill three future football... 64
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU... 57
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 54
- Can BYU put together a special season? 54
- College football: BYU receives votes in... 34