Commentary: Top 25 all-time NFL offensive players to come out of BYU
»1 of 32 «
Lane was selected in the eighth round (196th overall) by the Seattle Seahawks in the 1981 draft. He started out his career in Seattle as a kick returner but eventually made his way into a starting running back position in his fourth year.
In 1984, Lane put up the best numbers in his seven-year career. For the first time he started more than three games (7) and was used as a runner and receiver out of the backfield. He finished with a career-high 80 carries for a career-best 299 yards and a career-high four touchdowns. He also recorded 11 catches for 102 yards and a touchdown.
For his career, Lane appeared in 97 games (12 starts). He rushed for 405 yards and four touchdowns on 124 carries. Lane also caught 42 passes for 357 yards and two scores.
»1 of 32 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- LDS First Presidency announces changes to...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 22
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 20
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 17
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 12