Commentary: Top 25 all-time NFL offensive players to come out of BYU
»1 of 32 «
Lane was selected in the eighth round (196th overall) by the Seattle Seahawks in the 1981 draft. He started out his career in Seattle as a kick returner but eventually made his way into a starting running back position in his fourth year.
In 1984, Lane put up the best numbers in his seven-year career. For the first time he started more than three games (7) and was used as a runner and receiver out of the backfield. He finished with a career-high 80 carries for a career-best 299 yards and a career-high four touchdowns. He also recorded 11 catches for 102 yards and a touchdown.
For his career, Lane appeared in 97 games (12 starts). He rushed for 405 yards and four touchdowns on 124 carries. Lane also caught 42 passes for 357 yards and two scores.
»1 of 32 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 90
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26