Power rankings commentary: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's basketball, Version 4
Saturday was a great day for the Pac-12 as its teams went 8-0. The three impressive wins were Arizona over Michigan on the road, Oregon over Illinois and Utah’s demolition of BYU.
The Utes were the big winners in the power rankings this week, jumping over the likes of UCLA, New Mexico, Boise State and BYU all the way into the Top 10. In the WCC, Saint Mary’s finally played a decent team and showed well in beating Boise State on the road.
Those that had the worst weeks were New Mexico and BYU.
There are some good games coming up this next week. These are the most impactful to keep an eye on:
1. Thursday: UCLA at No. 8 Duke (5:30 p.m., ESPN)
2. Friday: Pacific vs. Princeton (8:30 p.m.)
3. Saturday: No. 7 Oklahoma State at No. 20 Colorado (9:30 p.m., ESPN2)
4. Saturday: BYU at No. 13 Oregon (8:30 p.m., Pac-12 Network)
5. Saturday: Texas Tech at Arizona State (4:30 p.m., Pac-12 Network)
6. Saturday: No. 21 Gonzaga at Kansas State (1:30 p.m., ESPN2)
Here is the fourth edition of the Pac-12/MWC/WCC power rankings — games through Dec. 18.
- 'Bachelorette' contestant, BYU graduate dies...
- Turkey truck crash will keep aqueduct shut...
- Utah Jazz to interview 20-plus candidates for...
- Transcript gives glimpse into deadly...
- In Disney World's shadow, homeless families...
- Amy Donaldson: 'Utah Man' can stay or go, but...
- What happened to the wave of Mormon movies?
- Florida governor visits Mormon Fort...
- U. student government passes resolution... 111
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 31
- UteLinks: Whittingham is tuning out his... 31
- Amy Donaldson: 'Utah Man' can stay or... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 27
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24