Power rankings commentary: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's basketball, Version 4
Saturday was a great day for the Pac-12 as its teams went 8-0. The three impressive wins were Arizona over Michigan on the road, Oregon over Illinois and Utah’s demolition of BYU.
The Utes were the big winners in the power rankings this week, jumping over the likes of UCLA, New Mexico, Boise State and BYU all the way into the Top 10. In the WCC, Saint Mary’s finally played a decent team and showed well in beating Boise State on the road.
Those that had the worst weeks were New Mexico and BYU.
There are some good games coming up this next week. These are the most impactful to keep an eye on:
1. Thursday: UCLA at No. 8 Duke (5:30 p.m., ESPN)
2. Friday: Pacific vs. Princeton (8:30 p.m.)
3. Saturday: No. 7 Oklahoma State at No. 20 Colorado (9:30 p.m., ESPN2)
4. Saturday: BYU at No. 13 Oregon (8:30 p.m., Pac-12 Network)
5. Saturday: Texas Tech at Arizona State (4:30 p.m., Pac-12 Network)
6. Saturday: No. 21 Gonzaga at Kansas State (1:30 p.m., ESPN2)
Here is the fourth edition of the Pac-12/MWC/WCC power rankings — games through Dec. 18.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45