Power rankings commentary: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's basketball, Version 4
Saturday was a great day for the Pac-12 as its teams went 8-0. The three impressive wins were Arizona over Michigan on the road, Oregon over Illinois and Utah’s demolition of BYU.
The Utes were the big winners in the power rankings this week, jumping over the likes of UCLA, New Mexico, Boise State and BYU all the way into the Top 10. In the WCC, Saint Mary’s finally played a decent team and showed well in beating Boise State on the road.
Those that had the worst weeks were New Mexico and BYU.
There are some good games coming up this next week. These are the most impactful to keep an eye on:
1. Thursday: UCLA at No. 8 Duke (5:30 p.m., ESPN)
2. Friday: Pacific vs. Princeton (8:30 p.m.)
3. Saturday: No. 7 Oklahoma State at No. 20 Colorado (9:30 p.m., ESPN2)
4. Saturday: BYU at No. 13 Oregon (8:30 p.m., Pac-12 Network)
5. Saturday: Texas Tech at Arizona State (4:30 p.m., Pac-12 Network)
6. Saturday: No. 21 Gonzaga at Kansas State (1:30 p.m., ESPN2)
Here is the fourth edition of the Pac-12/MWC/WCC power rankings — games through Dec. 18.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21