Let's go bowling: Predicting this year's 35 college football bowl games
Christmas is fast approaching, which means the start of the college football bowl season is heading our way even faster.
From the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 21 to the VIZIO BCS National Championship on Jan. 6, 70 teams will head to bowls around the country trying to finish off 2013 with a resounding victory.
Will Florida State earn its first BCS national championship since 2000? Can Auburn make it a fifth straight year—and its second in that time span—that a team from Alabama wins the national title?
On the local scene, can BYU win its fifth straight bowl game? The Cougars will face a daunting task in trying to beat 8-4 Washington, though the Huskies will be captained by an interim coach.
Will Utah State be able to topple No. 24 Northern Illinois, which appeared headed for a BCS bowl game before collapsing in the MAC Championship Game? Northern Illinois will surely prove formidable with Heisman Trophy finalist Jordan Lynch leading the Husky attack.
Over the next few weeks, we'll have answers to these questions. For now, members of the Deseret News online sports staff put on their prognosticating caps to take a glimpse at the 2013-14 bowl season.
(Note: All game times listed are MST)
- New temple presidents
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- New mission presidents
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- 'He was a 'Star Trek' guy': Mark Hamill said...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16