20 most popular stories that can save your finances
Michael Lynn is, quite possibly, the world's expert on tipping. The Cornell professor has written 51 academic papers on the subject. On a Freakonomics podcast, host Stephen Dubner asked Lynn what he would change about tipping.
"You know," Lynn said. "I think I would outlaw it."
Lynn says it is discriminatory.
His 2008 study titled "Consumer Racial Discrimination in Tipping" found that, looking at black and white customers and waiters, "consumers of both races discriminate against black service providers by tipping them less than white service providers."
Read the rest of the story here.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3
- Should you take a store up on its... 2