Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's basketball, Version 3
Colorado is the big winner in Version 3 of the power rankings, moving from No. 8 to No. 3 with its win over then No. 6 Kansas (as predicted here last week). Every person who loves to play basketball should get the chance to feel what it must have felt like to be Askia Booker when he hit that 35-footer at the buzzer to beat the Jayhawks.
Others that impressed included Pacific of the West Coast Conference in beating Utah State comfortably in Logan, and UNLV of the Mountain West Conference. The Rebels nearly beat Arizona, the top-ranked team in the country, on the road.
Those that dropped in the rankings include BYU, UCLA, San Diego State, Utah State and Utah.
The best upcoming games to watch:
1. Saturday: BYU at Utah (8 p.m., Pac-12 Network)
2. Saturday: No. 1 Arizona at Michigan (10 a.m., CBS)
3. Saturday: New Mexico vs. No. 13 Kansas (5 p.m., ESPN2)
4. Saturday: Saint Mary’s at Boise State (4 p.m., Root Sports)
5. Saturday: Illinois at No. 15 Oregon (7 p.m., ESPN2)
6. Dec 18: Stanford at No. 9 UConn (7 p.m., ESPN2)
Here is the third edition of the Pac-12/MWC/WCC power rankings (games through Dec. 10):
Nate Gagon is a published sports, music, and creative writer. He is also a wholehearted father, grateful husband and ardent student of life. He shoots roughly 94% from the free throw line and can be reached at: email@example.com or @nategagon.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48