Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's basketball, Version 3
Colorado is the big winner in Version 3 of the power rankings, moving from No. 8 to No. 3 with its win over then No. 6 Kansas (as predicted here last week). Every person who loves to play basketball should get the chance to feel what it must have felt like to be Askia Booker when he hit that 35-footer at the buzzer to beat the Jayhawks.
Others that impressed included Pacific of the West Coast Conference in beating Utah State comfortably in Logan, and UNLV of the Mountain West Conference. The Rebels nearly beat Arizona, the top-ranked team in the country, on the road.
Those that dropped in the rankings include BYU, UCLA, San Diego State, Utah State and Utah.
The best upcoming games to watch:
1. Saturday: BYU at Utah (8 p.m., Pac-12 Network)
2. Saturday: No. 1 Arizona at Michigan (10 a.m., CBS)
3. Saturday: New Mexico vs. No. 13 Kansas (5 p.m., ESPN2)
4. Saturday: Saint Mary’s at Boise State (4 p.m., Root Sports)
5. Saturday: Illinois at No. 15 Oregon (7 p.m., ESPN2)
6. Dec 18: Stanford at No. 9 UConn (7 p.m., ESPN2)
Here is the third edition of the Pac-12/MWC/WCC power rankings (games through Dec. 10):
Nate Gagon is a published sports, music, and creative writer. He is also a wholehearted father, grateful husband and ardent student of life. He shoots roughly 94% from the free throw line and can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or @nategagon.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- Obama signature all that's left in BYU's...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases original...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...