10 great gift ideas for people who have everything
When it comes to great gift ideas, I always struggle — especially for people who have everything.My family draws names every year as part of our annual Christmas gift exchange. It’s typically done a year in advance, on Christmas Day, long after all the presents have been opened, and everybody has stuffed themselves on our traditional cavatelli dinner.
I remember one year when I had the misfortune of pulling Uncle Paul’s name out of Santa’s hat. That put me in a tough spot because he’s an octogenarian who has all the money he’ll ever need — so when the guy wants something, he buys it.Anyway, as soon as I drew his name, I pulled my Aunt Mary Jane aside to get some gift advice, but she was no help. “Paul’s had everything he’s ever wanted since 1979,” she said. Great.
For a moment, I considered trying to make a homemade Christmas gift; but truth be told, I quit working with bird seed, paste and toilet paper rolls after I graduated from kindergarten.Eventually, I came to realize that there are plenty of great gift ideas for people who have everything — you just have to be willing to think outside the box.
Here are ten of them:
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Drone flies over LDS Washington D.C.Temple,...
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- Videographer explains drone flight over D.C....
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz
- 5 rules for a happy marriage
- Wright Words: Former priest, pastor share...
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border... 35
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 11
- Utah gas prices climb 14 cents from... 9
- More part-time jobs not a good sign,... 9
- Pamela Yip: Take steps to keep medical... 5
- Balancing act: Fight workplace bullying... 2
- 3 simple steps for building financial... 1
- Farmers markets to accept food stamps 1