10 must-know facts about weather-related home insurance claims
Editor's note: This article originally ran on Insure.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
Weather-related home insurance claims can be a whole separate ball game from other home claims."Weather losses are always more complicated because you've got thousands of people experiencing losses at the same time. These events are taxing on the entire community, whereas if you have one loss, such as a water main break in your building or a fire loss, as devastating as it may be to the homeowner, they still have access to necessary things such as hotel rooms, lawyers, insurance agents, etc., " says Ron Papa, president and CEO at National Fire Adjustment Co. in Buffalo, N.Y., a public insurance adjuster firm.
Here are 10 things homeowners should know about weather claims.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 77
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 8
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 2
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job... 1
- Political polarization is a driving... 1