10 must-know facts about weather-related home insurance claims
Editor's note: This article originally ran on Insure.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
Weather-related home insurance claims can be a whole separate ball game from other home claims."Weather losses are always more complicated because you've got thousands of people experiencing losses at the same time. These events are taxing on the entire community, whereas if you have one loss, such as a water main break in your building or a fire loss, as devastating as it may be to the homeowner, they still have access to necessary things such as hotel rooms, lawyers, insurance agents, etc., " says Ron Papa, president and CEO at National Fire Adjustment Co. in Buffalo, N.Y., a public insurance adjuster firm.
Here are 10 things homeowners should know about weather claims.
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- New mission presidents
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- More than 2,500 confirmed dead in Nepal...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Ground broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors continues to make...
- BYU offense looking to move the ball, put up...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 17
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- Sales at Taco Bell, KFC help Yum top 1Q... 1
- US home sales bounced back in March,... 1
- Balancing act: Son's comment teaches a... 1