High school girls basketball: State's best teams ready to hit the hardwood
In a mere three months, five high school girls basketball teams will be crowned champions.
From opening night, which took place a week ago for many teams, to the final games of the season, 129 schools will battle across Utah for those state titles.
In some classifications, there are heavy favorites heading into the season. In others, such as 4A, preseason voting by the coaches was all over the map. Just two of last year’s five champions were voted as preseason No. 1s, while two 2013 runners-up were voted into the early top spots.
Here is a class-by-class look at the teams to beat during the 2013-14 season:
Sarah Thomas earned a degree in Mathematics from the University of Utah and is currently pursuing an MBA at Westminster College. She has been covering sports for the Deseret News since 2008
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- New temple presidents
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7