Rock On: No guts, no Mountain West glory
GORE-ING FOR IT
Utah State’s Matt Wells took coach-speak to the next level on Saturday after the Aggie clinched a Mountain West Conference playoff spot.
He said running back Joey DeMartino, is “in there on guts and determination.
Added Wells, “The kid just oozes guts, and sometimes it’s not pretty and sometimes it’s not highlight reel, but you look up and the kid’s got another hundred yards and he’s pounding it, down after down.”
Coach-speak notwithstanding, Rock On has to agree: oozing guts definitely isn’t pretty.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 99
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 55
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33