Rock On: No guts, no Mountain West glory
GORE-ING FOR IT
Utah State’s Matt Wells took coach-speak to the next level on Saturday after the Aggie clinched a Mountain West Conference playoff spot.
He said running back Joey DeMartino, is “in there on guts and determination.
Added Wells, “The kid just oozes guts, and sometimes it’s not pretty and sometimes it’s not highlight reel, but you look up and the kid’s got another hundred yards and he’s pounding it, down after down.”
Coach-speak notwithstanding, Rock On has to agree: oozing guts definitely isn’t pretty.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to...
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- The Clean Cut: David Archuleta, Lexi Walker...
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 120
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 66
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 32
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 24
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8