This year's best Black Friday deals
In just two days — or, in conformity with recent trends, one day — roughly 97 million people are expected to rush into a shopping frenzy. Black Friday is upon us.Not everyone is impressed, however. Bloomberg News’ Barry Ritholtz, for one, partially blames an irresponsible obsession by the media that feeds Black Friday hysteria. By offering false “projections” and “predictions” of the holiday shopping season, Ritholtz believes the public buys into a false notion that the day after Thanksgiving is worth paying attention to.
“Investors who don’t enjoy losing money should ignore the media coverage of these misleading, inaccurate surveys (predicting Black Friday’s influence on the economy) with extreme prejudice,” Ritholtz concludes.Whether Black Friday is all hype or the real deal is largely irrelevant, however, because consumers rely on the tradition for their annual holiday shopping kick-off. The deals might not be that much better, but people are far more aware of them.
To help navigate this year’s plethora of deals, DeseretNews.com has compiled a list of the 16 best doorbuster deals for families and individuals this Black Friday.The list was compiled using various deal aggregators such as BlackFriday.com and reflects the advertised discounts for the various products highlighted. We did our best to not only find great deals on electronics — which typically get the most attention — but also products the whole family can enjoy.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Student loan recipients go on repayment... 59
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 7
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 2
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job... 1
- Political polarization is a driving... 1