20 little-known facts about the Mormon Angel Moroni statue
Did you know that one of the heaviest Angel Moroni statues weighs 4,000 pounds, that one statue was colored white or that the statue usually faces east?
With temples all over the world, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has adorned the skyline with angel statues for 167 years, ever since the Nauvoo Temple was dedicated in 1846.
The Nauvoo Temple, however, did not feature the same type of statue LDS Church members are familiar with today.
How much do you know about this Mormon icon?
Here are 20 little-known facts and stories about the Angel Moroni statue.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2