20 little-known facts about the Mormon Angel Moroni statue
Did you know that one of the heaviest Angel Moroni statues weighs 4,000 pounds, that one statue was colored white or that the statue usually faces east?
With temples all over the world, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has adorned the skyline with angel statues for 169 years, ever since the Nauvoo Temple was dedicated in 1846.
The Nauvoo Temple, however, did not feature the same type of statue LDS Church members are familiar with today.
How much do you know about this Mormon icon?
Here are 20 little-known facts and stories about the Angel Moroni statue.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Strike up the band for better health
- Wright Words: Why I'm not forcing my... 79
- Ask Angela: How do I remove negative... 11
- Dancing violinist Lindsey Stirling... 9
- Rubio: Faith is 'single greatest... 6
- The Clean Cut: Keith Urban calls Utah... 6
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Some of the best... 4
- Book review: 'Planted' is for those... 2
- Nevada's largest daily newspaper... 1