20 little-known facts about the Mormon Angel Moroni statue
Editor's note: After the recent lightning strike to the Bountiful Temple, we thought it might be interesting to take a look back at this list from our archives.
Did you know that one of the heaviest Angel Moroni statues weighs 4,000 pounds, that one statue was colored white or that the statue usually faces east?
With temples all over the world, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has adorned the skyline with angel statues for 169 years, ever since the Nauvoo Temple was dedicated in 1846.
The Nauvoo Temple, however, did not feature the same type of statue LDS Church members are familiar with today.
How much do you know about this Mormon icon?
Here are 20 little-known facts and stories about the Angel Moroni statue.
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shines...
- When lightning strikes, an Angel Moroni...
- 13-year-old Sandy girl waiting for heart...
- Mormon Mentions: Lindsey Stirling records...
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for Minnesota...
- LDS missionary who returned home early shares...
- To B12 or not to B12?
- What keeps believers from talking about... 46
- Defending the Faith: 'Sweet are the... 33
- Religious freedom is good for business,... 29
- Updated LDS missionary dress and... 26
- LDS leaders OK slacks for Mormon women... 18
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 17
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 9
- ... 8