20 little-known facts about the Mormon Angel Moroni statue
Did you know that one of the heaviest Angel Moroni statues weighs 4,000 pounds, that one statue was colored white or that the statue usually faces east?
With temples all over the world, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has adorned the skyline with angel statues for 169 years, ever since the Nauvoo Temple was dedicated in 1846.
The Nauvoo Temple, however, did not feature the same type of statue LDS Church members are familiar with today.
How much do you know about this Mormon icon?
Here are 20 little-known facts and stories about the Angel Moroni statue.
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout tour...
- Wind-fueled fire rips through large Draper home
- Morning links: Sports figures react to...
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 73
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 45
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 43
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 32
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 27
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Why more young women are leaving church 21