Top 11 prep football storylines
»11 items «
Jason Olson, Deseret News archives
Football season is officially upon us. You can count it down with just one hand now. Everything gets under way this Friday night with the opening of the 2011 high school football season, which will be followed just a few weeks later by the start of college football and the NFL. After months of NFL labor talk and conference realignment, it’s about time. As is always the case in Utah, high school football kicks everything off, and this year there are 101 teams competing at the varsity level. You can bet there’s anxiety and tension at every school. What programs will take the next step, and what programs will take a backward step. For some, two or three wins would be considered a good season, while others will settle for nothing less than a state championship. There are countless stories to watch unfold at every high school this year from Sky View to San Juan. To get fans geared up for what should be another fantastic season, here are 11 notable stories worth paying attention to this season.
»11 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41