Week 12 college football bowl projections
Week 12 of the college football season has come and gone while producing upsets across the country. With only a couple of weeks left in the season, it's make or break time for teams, if they want to land a bowl game.
In-state teams BYU (7-3) and Utah State (6-4) are bowl eligible by winning the required six games. BYU has already accepted an invitation to play in the Fight Hunger Bowl against a yet-to-be-determined Pac-12 team on Dec. 27, in San Francisco.
According to the national media, BYU's opponent is still up in the air. While many believe BYU will play the Washington Huskies, many things could change. Any of those changes could send USC, Oregon State or Arizona the Cougars' way.
While Utah State is bowl eligible, the Aggies are still unsure where they will be playing in December. Many national pundits have different views on who and where the Aggies will be playing. The two most likely places seem to be Hawaii or San Diego.
Utah (4-6) faces a tough test if it wants to become bowl eligible. The Utes will have to win their remaining two games against fellow Pac-12 teams Colorado and Washington State. Although it will be tough, at least one national prognosticator still believes the Utes will be bowling this year.
Here is a look at where the prognosticators think the local teams are headed and who they will be playing.
Justin Giles is a recent graduate from the University of Uath and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications with an emphasis in Journalism and Sports Communication. Twitter: Justingiles22 Email: email@example.com
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- High school boys basketball: Bountiful...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 61
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 47
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 31
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28