The most expensive homes in Utah in 2013
I’m not a glutton for punishment, really. I don’t usually make it a habit to move my family of six every year.
You may recall how last year I blissfully reported we were taking advantage of Utah’s improving economy to sell our home in Utah County and move to Salt Lake City to be mere minutes from my office. Although I loved my new commute, loved my neighbors and loved the city, I could tell from almost day one we’d made a mistake. My wife and kids were driving south for family visits and dance classes almost as often as I’d been driving north in the old days.
To make matters… complicated… a few weeks after our move, my wife was offered her dream job - back in Utah County, of course. It doesn’t take a math genius to understand that arithmetic, and before I knew it, I was saying goodbye to my short commute and our tree-lined neighborhood, for the friendly confines of Happy Valley. Oh the sacrifices we make!
Of course my eyes haven’t grown any smaller, and okay, I might not have been quite as motivated as before. So my home searches on websites like realtor.com inevitably detoured into the ridiculous once again.
And so I am delighted to offer my second annual tour du Utah's 1 percent, courtesy of Realtor.com. Once again we start in Park City and fan out from there. After all, we’re Republicans in Utah and wealth always flows down hill, right?
By the way, if next year’s list has anything to do with me moving, please pray for me. Or stage an intervention.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- New mission presidents
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- In rare deal, Boehner, Pelosi tout wins... 5
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 4
- Win or lose, discrimination suit is... 2
- The middle class has had a rough couple... 2
- For business, more women in charge... 1
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job... 1
- Randy Shumway: How the Federal Reserve... 1
- Balancing act: 'Soft skills' are... 1