45 timeless, fun and downright weird scenes from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade — originally known as the Macy's Christmas Parade — was first held in 1924, and although it was planned as a one-time event, its popularity inspired Macy's to begin what has grown into an 88-year Thanksgiving tradition.
This year's parade will run from 9 a.m. through noon on Thursday, Nov. 27, and will feature numerous bands — including the American Fork High School Marching Band — performers, balloons and floats.
Here's a photographic look at the parade's history, with highlights including creepy floats, Donny Osmond riding a turkey, balloon calamities and a trip back to the magical years of childhood.
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 40
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Trump speechwriter apologizes for... 27
- Police give all-clear in Munich... 27
- Thunderous boos for Cruz for refusing... 22
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22