45 timeless, fun and downright weird scenes from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade — originally known as the Macy's Christmas Parade — was first held in 1924, and although it was planned as a one-time event, its popularity inspired Macy's to begin what has grown into an 88-year Thanksgiving tradition.
This year's parade will run from 9 a.m. through noon on Thursday, Nov. 27, and will feature numerous bands — including the American Fork High School Marching Band — performers, balloons and floats.
Here's a photographic look at the parade's history, with highlights including creepy floats, Donny Osmond riding a turkey, balloon calamities and a trip back to the magical years of childhood.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- New mission presidents
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped... 48
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 35
- Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't... 34
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot... 27
- Preparing for 2016 campaign, Hillary... 17
- Military: Bowe Bergdahl may face life... 17