45 timeless, fun and downright weird scenes from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade — originally known as the Macy's Christmas Parade — was first held in 1924, and although it was planned as a one-time event, its popularity inspired Macy's to begin what has grown into an 88-year Thanksgiving tradition.
This year's parade will run from 9 a.m. through noon on Thursday, Nov. 27, and will feature numerous bands — including the American Fork High School Marching Band — performers, balloons and floats.
Here's a photographic look at the parade's history, with highlights including creepy floats, Donny Osmond riding a turkey, balloon calamities and a trip back to the magical years of childhood.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- LDS university president receives national...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Gov. Herbert: 'Let chips go where they... 70
- Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL... 51
- Photo gallery: 'Birdman' takes flight... 26
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- Obama to governors: DHS shutdown would... 16
- Clinton says she would push... 16
- Calling for cooperation, Obama engages... 15
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep... 14