High school football: Felt's Facts Week 13, semifinals and championships
LOWER-SEED SUCCESS »1 of 22 «
Four of the 12 semifinalists entered the tournament as #3 seeds. That’s the highest number in a playoff not affected by teams that had to forfeit games during season. (Which was last year when East qualified as a #4 seed and Timpview as a #3.) However, this year, Lone Peak, in Region 4, and Olympus, in Region 7, were both region co-champs, but drew the third seed.
»1 of 22 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28