BYU basketball: The Cougars need to win these key games if they want to go dancing in March
STANFORD CARDINAL »1 of 7 «
After opening up the season with a home win over Big Sky favorite Weber State on Friday, the Cougars now face a tough test on the road as they take on Stanford as part of ESPN’s Tipoff Marathon. Both teams come into the game undefeated with 1-0 records.
Stanford, which is known more for its football program than basketball program, still comes into the game with plenty of experienced players. The Cougars will need to come out and play turnover-free basketball if they want to beat the Cardinal. The Cardinal, which were picked to finish sixth in the Pac-12 this year, are looking as well to get a signature win this season, and BYU would do that for them.
A win would do wonders for the Cougars' resume when the NCAA committee looks over their body of work to determine who gets invited to the big dance and who gets left home.
»1 of 7 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29