BYU basketball: The Cougars need to win these key games if they want to go dancing in March
STANFORD CARDINAL »1 of 7 «
After opening up the season with a home win over Big Sky favorite Weber State on Friday, the Cougars now face a tough test on the road as they take on Stanford as part of ESPN’s Tipoff Marathon. Both teams come into the game undefeated with 1-0 records.
Stanford, which is known more for its football program than basketball program, still comes into the game with plenty of experienced players. The Cougars will need to come out and play turnover-free basketball if they want to beat the Cardinal. The Cardinal, which were picked to finish sixth in the Pac-12 this year, are looking as well to get a signature win this season, and BYU would do that for them.
A win would do wonders for the Cougars' resume when the NCAA committee looks over their body of work to determine who gets invited to the big dance and who gets left home.
»1 of 7 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Ranking the best season by a running back in...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...