BYU basketball: The Cougars need to win these key games if they want to go dancing in March
STANFORD CARDINAL »1 of 7 «
After opening up the season with a home win over Big Sky favorite Weber State on Friday, the Cougars now face a tough test on the road as they take on Stanford as part of ESPN’s Tipoff Marathon. Both teams come into the game undefeated with 1-0 records.
Stanford, which is known more for its football program than basketball program, still comes into the game with plenty of experienced players. The Cougars will need to come out and play turnover-free basketball if they want to beat the Cardinal. The Cardinal, which were picked to finish sixth in the Pac-12 this year, are looking as well to get a signature win this season, and BYU would do that for them.
A win would do wonders for the Cougars' resume when the NCAA committee looks over their body of work to determine who gets invited to the big dance and who gets left home.
»1 of 7 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks off...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 54
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 24