BYU basketball: The Cougars need to win these key games if they want to go dancing in March
STANFORD CARDINAL »1 of 7 «
After opening up the season with a home win over Big Sky favorite Weber State on Friday, the Cougars now face a tough test on the road as they take on Stanford as part of ESPN’s Tipoff Marathon. Both teams come into the game undefeated with 1-0 records.
Stanford, which is known more for its football program than basketball program, still comes into the game with plenty of experienced players. The Cougars will need to come out and play turnover-free basketball if they want to beat the Cardinal. The Cardinal, which were picked to finish sixth in the Pac-12 this year, are looking as well to get a signature win this season, and BYU would do that for them.
A win would do wonders for the Cougars' resume when the NCAA committee looks over their body of work to determine who gets invited to the big dance and who gets left home.
»1 of 7 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- Is your financial house in order? 10...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 102
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 22
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8