BYU basketball: The Cougars need to win these key games if they want to go dancing in March
Over the course of the Dave Rose era, BYU fans have grown accustomed to watching their team play in the NCAA Tournament. In eight seasons as the head coach, Rose has taken the Cougars to the NCAA Tournament six times.
Rose has piled up an impressive record at BYU: 209 wins and 66 losses. Rose is second all-time in basketball wins and has the highest winning percentage of any coach at BYU (.760).
If the Cougars want to increase their chances of making another NCAA Tournament run this year, they will have to win some big games against some very tough opponents.
"This is a terrific non-conference schedule that will really help our team for league play," Rose said before the season. "We will face many tests and teams from coast to coast."
Here's a closer look at the games BYU will need to win if it wants to go to the NCAA Tournament again this year.
Justin Giles is a recent graduate of the University of Utah. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 42
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26