BYU vs. Weber State report cards: More talented Cougars overwhelm the Wildcats
BYU guards »1 of 7 «
Scott G Winterton
BYU’s guard line will either win or lose the Cougars a vast majority of their games this season. Tyler Haws and Matt Carlino dominated the offensive possessions, each taking more than 20 shots while no other player had as many as 10. Haws was his steady self, moving without the ball and contributing in multiple ways. Kyle Collinsworth played 36 solid minutes, reminding fans why he was a highly recruited player. Carlino continued to take cringe-worthy shots and play out of control at times, as he has in games past, but Friday night he made enough positive plays that it didn’t hurt the team. Anson Winder and Frank Bartley IV both had some nice moments and should provide solid depth. If Haws and Carlino had combined for a better shooting percentage than 44 percent against an inferior opponent, the grade would be a little better. That percentage will need to be better for the Cougars to beat better teams.
»1 of 7 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- New mission presidents
- 5 underrated Disney movies