BYU football's biggest road wins in school history
Nov. 25, 2006: No. 23 BYU 33, Utah 31 »9 of 10 «
Even though the Utes weren't ranked, this road win stands out in BYU history.
While the Cougars were the ranked team and the favorite headed into this game, Utah held the home-field advantage as well as a four-game winning streak over its hated rival.
It looked that the Utes would extend that streak to five when Brett Ratliff scored a touchdown to give his team a 31-27 lead with just 1:19 to go.
But Beck, Johnny Harline and the Cougars refused to lose. They drove down the field and Beck found Harline on his knees for the winning touchdown with no time left on the clock. BYU fans went wild while stunned Utes at Rice-Eccles Stadium shuffled for the exits.
»9 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Police chief of Myton charged with stalking 3...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 116
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 72
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 62
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 52
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 45