BYU football's biggest road wins in school history
Nov. 25, 2006: No. 23 BYU 33, Utah 31 »9 of 10 «
Even though the Utes weren't ranked, this road win stands out in BYU history.
While the Cougars were the ranked team and the favorite headed into this game, Utah held the home-field advantage as well as a four-game winning streak over its hated rival.
It looked that the Utes would extend that streak to five when Brett Ratliff scored a touchdown to give his team a 31-27 lead with just 1:19 to go.
But Beck, Johnny Harline and the Cougars refused to lose. They drove down the field and Beck found Harline on his knees for the winning touchdown with no time left on the clock. BYU fans went wild while stunned Utes at Rice-Eccles Stadium shuffled for the exits.
»9 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- One thing that changed my view of marriage...
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Little offense as main players sit out... 102
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 101
- Ultimate football road trips:... 48
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 45
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 30
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but... 17
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director... 13
- Pittsburgh to hire Utah State Athletic... 11