BYU football's biggest road wins in school history
Nov. 25, 2006: No. 23 BYU 33, Utah 31 »9 of 10 «
Even though the Utes weren't ranked, this road win stands out in BYU history.
While the Cougars were the ranked team and the favorite headed into this game, Utah held the home-field advantage as well as a four-game winning streak over its hated rival.
It looked that the Utes would extend that streak to five when Brett Ratliff scored a touchdown to give his team a 31-27 lead with just 1:19 to go.
But Beck, Johnny Harline and the Cougars refused to lose. They drove down the field and Beck found Harline on his knees for the winning touchdown with no time left on the clock. BYU fans went wild while stunned Utes at Rice-Eccles Stadium shuffled for the exits.
»9 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 55
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26