BYU football's biggest road wins in school history
Nov. 25, 2006: No. 23 BYU 33, Utah 31 »9 of 10 «
Even though the Utes weren't ranked, this road win stands out in BYU history.
While the Cougars were the ranked team and the favorite headed into this game, Utah held the home-field advantage as well as a four-game winning streak over its hated rival.
It looked that the Utes would extend that streak to five when Brett Ratliff scored a touchdown to give his team a 31-27 lead with just 1:19 to go.
But Beck, Johnny Harline and the Cougars refused to lose. They drove down the field and Beck found Harline on his knees for the winning touchdown with no time left on the clock. BYU fans went wild while stunned Utes at Rice-Eccles Stadium shuffled for the exits.
»9 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48