BYU football's biggest road wins in school history
Sept. 8, 1979: BYU 18, No. 14 Texas A&M 17 »1 of 10 «
BYU had never won a game against a non-conference ranked opponent before it made the trip to Rice Stadium in Houston to take on No. 14 Texas A&M. The Cougars' prospects looked grim as star quarterback Marc Wilson underwent and appendectomy the week before the game.
But Wilson and BYU would not be denied this chance at making history.
The Cougar defense came up big with a blocked punt and a goal-line stand, and Wilson threw a touchdown pass with just 52 seconds remaining. BYU head coach LaVell Edwards could have sent this game into overtime with an extra point, but instead decided to roll the dice and try for two. BYU converted and held on to win, 18-17.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 49
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 47
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 29
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28