BYU football's biggest road wins in school history
As BYU prepares to travel to Camp Randall Stadium to face No. 24 Wisconsin, it's time to look back at the Cougars' biggest road wins.
It's hard enough to beat quality opponents with more than 60,000 fans supporting the Cougars in the friendly confines of LaVell Edwards Stadium. BYU's big wins at home include its 41-37 win over No. 13 Texas A&M in 1996 and its 28-21 upset of No. 1 Miami in 1990.
However, some of BYU's biggest wins have come on the road. After all, what would the 1984 season be without the Cougars' huge win over then-No. 3 Pitt?
Here's BYU's top 10 road or neutral site wins, not including bowl games.
Lafe Peavler is a sportswriter intern at the Deseret News.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29