BYU football's biggest road wins in school history
As BYU prepares to travel to Camp Randall Stadium to face No. 24 Wisconsin, it's time to look back at the Cougars' biggest road wins.
It's hard enough to beat quality opponents with more than 60,000 fans supporting the Cougars in the friendly confines of LaVell Edwards Stadium. BYU's big wins at home include its 41-37 win over No. 13 Texas A&M in 1996 and its 28-21 upset of No. 1 Miami in 1990.
However, some of BYU's biggest wins have come on the road. After all, what would the 1984 season be without the Cougars' huge win over then-No. 3 Pitt?
Here's BYU's top 10 road or neutral site wins, not including bowl games.
Lafe Peavler is a sportswriter intern at the Deseret News.
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- New mission presidents
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 97
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 87
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 59
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 52
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 50
- Morning links: Home stretch of... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26