2013's 10 worst states for retirement
Worst areas in the study: Life expectancies (No. 42 in the nation), Crime (No. 38 in the nation)
Best areas in the study: Climate (No. 20 in the nation), Senior population: (No. 26 in the nation)
The warm climate may be an attraction, but the older population doesn't seem to thrive in it: Georgia's life expectancies are among the 10 lowest in the nation. A high rate of property crime is also a concern.
These rankings generally start a lively debate, so feel free to give your opinion in the comments below. Have you lived in a retiree's nightmare, and if so, what made it so bad? Or, do you live in one of the above states and want to tell people why you like it? Let others know your opinion so they can benefit from your experience.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- US jobless aid applications fall to... 5
- How students are engaging textbook... 4
- Poor and middle-class give most to... 3
- Millennials may do career and home life... 3
- What homeowners would do differently if... 2
- Does the wage gap hurt women's... 2
- HBO unleashes streaming from cable... 1