2013's 10 worst states for retirement
Worst areas in the study: Life expectancies (No. 42 in the nation), Crime (No. 38 in the nation)
Best areas in the study: Climate (No. 20 in the nation), Senior population: (No. 26 in the nation)
The warm climate may be an attraction, but the older population doesn't seem to thrive in it: Georgia's life expectancies are among the 10 lowest in the nation. A high rate of property crime is also a concern.
These rankings generally start a lively debate, so feel free to give your opinion in the comments below. Have you lived in a retiree's nightmare, and if so, what made it so bad? Or, do you live in one of the above states and want to tell people why you like it? Let others know your opinion so they can benefit from your experience.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Americans still prefer male bosses 8
- Landlords may be charging pet fees just... 6
- Employers and job seekers might as well... 5
- Pay raises are more rare despite strong... 4
- Facebook is now helping its female... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- The poorest of the poor in many Third... 1