2013's 10 worst states for retirement
Worst areas in the study: Life expectancies (No. 42 in the nation), Crime (No. 38 in the nation)
Best areas in the study: Climate (No. 20 in the nation), Senior population: (No. 26 in the nation)
The warm climate may be an attraction, but the older population doesn't seem to thrive in it: Georgia's life expectancies are among the 10 lowest in the nation. A high rate of property crime is also a concern.
These rankings generally start a lively debate, so feel free to give your opinion in the comments below. Have you lived in a retiree's nightmare, and if so, what made it so bad? Or, do you live in one of the above states and want to tell people why you like it? Let others know your opinion so they can benefit from your experience.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 89
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 8
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 4
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- Political polarization is a driving... 2