2013's 11 best states for retirement
#8 - Vermont »3 of 10 «
Best areas in the study: Crime (No. 5 in the nation), Senior population (No. 7 in the nation)
Worst areas in the study: Climate (No. 41 in the nation), Economic factors (No. 35 in the nation)
Low crime rates and long life expectancies make Vermont welcoming to retirees. There must be something to it -- Vermont has one of the highest concentrations of senior citizens of any state.
»3 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 9
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Optimism on the rise for job seekers 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 1