2013's 11 best states for retirement
#10 - (tie) Utah »1 of 10 «
Best areas in the study: Economic factors (No. 3 in the nation), Life expectancies (No. 8 in the nation)
Worst areas in the study: Climate (No. 45 in the nation), Senior population (No. 31 in the nation)
Utah got outstanding scores for economic factors, and its crime rates are relatively low while its life expectancies are fairly high.
Now that you know MoneyRates.com's picks, what are yours? If you are retired, what factors did you consider in choosing a retirement destination? What do you like or regret about your decision?
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer treatment,...
- Scott Mitchell: Former U., NFL quarterback...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big year...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 17
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 10
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- Are you ready to start using a digital... 5
- How much money should you be saving... 4
- Michelle Singletary: Credit can be... 3
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 3
- Gambling is losing its appeal in Las Vegas 2