From Alabama to Wyoming: Which states have the highest average ACT and SAT scores
With graduation around the corner, students are finishing up their college applications for 2014.
An important part of college applications are the ACT and SAT tests. Although not every school requires both tests to be taken for admittance, students generally chose one test or the other to take.
Here is a compilation of the highest ACT and SAT score averages in the country. The average ACT score and SAT score were combined to create the total score a state received.
The national average for the ACT and SAT are 20.9 and 1498, respectively. Nationally, 54 percent of high school graduates took the ACT and 50 percent took the SAT.
ACT information for 2013 was found on ACT.org and SAT test information was compiled by the Commonwealth Foundation for Public Policy Alternatives.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- New mission presidents
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped... 48
- Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't... 34
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 29
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot... 27
- Preparing for 2016 campaign, Hillary... 17
- Military: Bowe Bergdahl may face life... 17