From Alabama to Wyoming: Which states have the highest average ACT and SAT scores
With graduation around the corner, students are finishing up their college applications for 2014.
An important part of college applications are the ACT and SAT tests. Although not every school requires both tests to be taken for admittance, students generally chose one test or the other to take.
Here is a compilation of the highest ACT and SAT score averages in the country. The average ACT score and SAT score were combined to create the total score a state received.
The national average for the ACT and SAT are 20.9 and 1498, respectively. Nationally, 54 percent of high school graduates took the ACT and 50 percent took the SAT.
ACT information for 2013 was found on ACT.org and SAT test information was compiled by the Commonwealth Foundation for Public Policy Alternatives.
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 42
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 32
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Watch live at the Democratic National... 25
- In wake of email hack, Democratic chair... 23