From Alabama to Wyoming: Which states have the highest average ACT and SAT scores
With graduation around the corner, students are finishing up their college applications for 2014.
An important part of college applications are the ACT and SAT tests. Although not every school requires both tests to be taken for admittance, students generally chose one test or the other to take.
Here is a compilation of the highest ACT and SAT score averages in the country. The average ACT score and SAT score were combined to create the total score a state received.
The national average for the ACT and SAT are 20.9 and 1498, respectively. Nationally, 54 percent of high school graduates took the ACT and 50 percent took the SAT.
ACT information for 2013 was found on ACT.org and SAT test information was compiled by the Commonwealth Foundation for Public Policy Alternatives.
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out of...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 61
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 22
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 11
- Poll: 2 of 3 Americans say Islamic... 10