From Alabama to Wyoming: Which states have the highest average ACT and SAT scores
With graduation around the corner, students are finishing up their college applications for 2014.
An important part of college applications are the ACT and SAT tests. Although not every school requires both tests to be taken for admittance, students generally chose one test or the other to take.
Here is a compilation of the highest ACT and SAT score averages in the country. The average ACT score and SAT score were combined to create the total score a state received.
The national average for the ACT and SAT are 20.9 and 1498, respectively. Nationally, 54 percent of high school graduates took the ACT and 50 percent took the SAT.
ACT information for 2013 was found on ACT.org and SAT test information was compiled by the Commonwealth Foundation for Public Policy Alternatives.
- LDS university president receives national...
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on House to...
- Gov. Herbert: 'Let chips go where they... 70
- Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL... 51
- Photo gallery: 'Birdman' takes flight... 26
- President Obama says he's committed to... 19
- Is growing income inequity hurting... 18
- For Clinton, her family foundation may... 16
- Obama to governors: DHS shutdown would... 15
- Clinton says she would push... 15